227Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: JavaScript Documentation

  • Alex Russell
    Feb 21, 2006
      On Tuesday 21 February 2006 4:34 pm, slieschke wrote:
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Alex Russell <alex@...> wrote:
      > > > Are there plans to release the jsdoc modifications? I'd be very
      > > > interested in them.
      > >
      > > Will it really help that much? JSDoc is intractably centered on
      > > traditional class-based OO. I dont really think it's salvageable
      > > for modern, idomatic JS.
      >
      > Huh? Yahoo have already made the changes to JSDoc to make it work
      > with modern idiomatic JavaScript.

      Uh, no. They shoehorned yet another hack into an ill-fitting container.
      The generated docs still have no concept of a mixin for inheritance,
      only provide for a single return type, and don't seem to handle
      variable arguments, and lord knows what'll happen when you throw an
      idiom like "namespace.singleton = new function(){}" at it.

      It does, however, accommodate namespaces (e.g.: literals). Progress,
      baby.

      Regards

      --
      Alex Russell