21841Re: DataTable : How to get data in js array

  • jennykhan
    Dec 4, 2007
      Hi Ryan,

      That should probably be:

      myDataTable.deleteRows(myDataTable.getSelectedRows());

      Check out this blog article for a good background on working with
      DataTable for round trips to your server:

      http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2/

      Regards,
      Jenny

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan V. Bayona" <r2b2_ry@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan V. Bayona" <r2b2_ry@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > i've been following the basic examples in using the DataTable. So far
      > > so good, i have the following questions by the way. Hope the gurus
      > > here can enlighten me . :)
      > >
      > > 1. How can i get the data in the js array once i clicked on the Row?
      > > on the examples,it says:
      > >
      > > myDataTable.subscribe("rowClickEvent",
      > > myDataTable.onEventSelectRow);
      > >
      > > My goal is get the contents of this row in the Datasource..
      > >
      > > 2. How can i delete or remove items in the datasource?
      > > For example, i have a multi-select row in my table and i have a
      > > button "delete selected items" which when clicked will delete the
      > > selection from the table, and the datasource.
      > >
      > > 3. How can i submit the DataSource to the server so i can process it
      > > on the server side..( im using PHP,, just the submit method will do i
      > > can view it on PHP anyway)
      > >
      > > Thats it for now.. thank you so much!
      > >
      > > -Ryan

      > working for me :
      > //if clicked, it will delete the selected rows
      >

      > function deleteItem()
      > {
      >
      > myDataTable.deleteRows(myDataTable.getSelectedRows);
      >
      > }
      >
      > its not doing anything at all.. is there something i did wrong?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic