21432Re: Problem with responseXML.documentElement on IE.

  • plamen_gurov
    Nov 26, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "plamen_gurov"
      > <plamen_gurov@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have similar problems in both IE and FireFox after several hours
      > > research I opted for responseText and RegExp parsing.
      >
      > You shouldn't have to do this. Have a look at:
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/connection/weather.html to
      see
      > the desired functionality in action. How does your implementation
      > differ from this example?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Thomas

      This does not have much info in it. Here is the responseText (the
      whole string is one line save for the first \r\n that got there for
      unknown reason): "\r\n<?
      xml version=\"1.0\" standalone=\"yes\" ?
      And I am using the same server approach that we uses successfully for
      a home-grown multi-browser AJAX soluition.
      I tried both with Content-Type "text/xml" and "application/xml".
      BTW, the server side is JBoss and a JSP is actually returning the XML.
      But parsing with RegExp isreally fast...
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic