20341How to fire event listners programatically?

  • wizhippo
    Nov 1, 2007
      I want to fire the event listers for a an onChange event on a textbox

      so i have

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("check-in", "change",

      in another event i change the value of the text box but the onchange
      does not get fired.

      var txtDate1 = document.getElementById("check-out");
      txtDate1.value = month + "/" + day + "/" + year;

      This does not fire the onchange event.

      Do I have to do this to call all the eventlistners attached to the

      var listeners = YAHOO.util.Event.getListeners(txtDate1,
      for (var i=0; i<listeners.length; ++i) {
      var listener = listeners[i];

      or is there a simpler way?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic