20244Re: TabView activeTabChange event

  • wmlpez
    Oct 31, 2007
      I'm making progress but still can not acheive the results I want. I
      found out calling e.newValue property returns the tab handle and not
      the index which is why I was getting the error. I can't figure how to
      get the index of the tabview during the activeTabChange event is fired.

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "wmlpez" <wmlpez@...> wrote:

      > Any takers to set me straight? :-)
      >
      > To recap, I'm trying to maintain which tab was selected during each
      > postback (.Net web app). I'm trying to catch the activeTabChange event.
      >
      > Here's the js in the page header area. For the <body> onload event I
      > have it set to call the setTabIndex function but it get a js null
      > error that I cannot pin point.
      >
      > <script type="text/javascript">
      > var mTabs = new YAHOO.widget.TabView("models");
      > var handleActiveTabChange = function(e) {
      > var hdnFieldIdx = document.getElementById("hdnSelectedTab");
      > hdnFieldIdx.value = e.newValue;};
      > mTabs.addListener('activeTabChange', handleActiveTabChange);
      > }
      > function setTabIndex(){
      > var selectedIndex = document.getElementById("hdnSelectedTab").value;
      > alert('selectedIndex: ' + selectedIndex);
      > var tabView = document.getElementById("models");
      > if (typeof selectedIndex!=="undefined" && (! isNaN(selectedIndex))
      ){
      > tabView.set('activeIndex', selectedIndex);
      > }
      > else{
      > tabView.set('activeIndex',0);}
      > }
      > </script>
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "wmlpez" <wmlpez@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "wmlpez" <wmlpez@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello. Sorry for the newbie js question. I'm using the
      > > > tabview in a .net 1.1 web app (maintenence app not my
      > > > doing). The issue I have is after a postback is
      > > > complete the page resets the activeTabIndex. How do I restore
      the tab
      > > > to the selected tab before the postback( using the activeTabChange
      > > > event)? I'm not sure how to wire the event. I was thinking that
      during
      > > > the firing of the activeTabChange event I would set a hidden field
      > > > with the tab index then during the page load read the hidden field
      > > > then set focus to the proper tag. I'm open to any suggestions to
      > > > accomplish this in the most elegant manner (code snippets most
      > > > appreciated :-).
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > -Will
      > > >

      > > I have an half baked solution...still working out the kinks.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic