      From: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jakub Nesetril
      Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:31 AM
      To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] YUI History Manager events

      PROBLEM: is there any way in History Manager to capture back/forward navigation event with
      information if the user is navigation back or forward? As far as I can see, I can only access
      state string of the new state I am transfering to - but not the direction.

      MOTIVATION: I'm trying to use History manager for back/forward navigation inside a linear
      wizard-type walkthrough. Upon going to the next page, I need to perform certain validation
      rules. When going back using the back button, editing some information and pressing the
      forward button (as opposed to some submit etc.), I need to be able to trigger the validation
      and block the forward navigation if data doesn't validate.

      What are your thoughts?

      --Jakub

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic