177Re: JavaScript Documentation

  • slieschke
    Feb 18, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas S. Sha" <tsha@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "faserone" <faserone@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I like the Javascript Documentation provided with yui. Which kind of
      > > tools do they used? jsdoc ? (http://jsdoc.sourceforge.net/)
      > >

      > Yes, we currently use jsdoc - with some modifications - to output the
      > documentation.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Thomas

      Are there plans to release the jsdoc modifications? I'd be very
      interested in them.

      I see some of your libraries are written using object literals (e.g.
      the Connection Manager), but jsdoc by default won't generate
      documentation for them IIRC. Because of this, I have to write code like

      Foo = new Object();
      Foo.bar = function() { alert("Hello, world!"); }
      Foo.spaz = function() { alert("Goodbye") }; }

      instead of

      Foo = {
      bar: function() { alert("Hello, world!"); },
      spaz: function() { alert("Goodbye"); }
      }

      so I can successfully generate documentation with jsdoc.

      Cheers,

      Simon
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic