17657Re: Links in a DataTable

  • ter31024
    Sep 4, 2007
      Thanks for the help Satyam, it is really appreciated.

      I've corrected the missing quote, also corrected 'el.InnerHTML' to
      'el.innerHTML' and am still getting the same error. The odd thing is,
      if I do something like this:

      YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatLink(el, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
      el.innerHTML = "Hello World";
      }

      The error still shows. Above this override is just the usual
      'YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", function() {' line...
      and if I comment out the overload entirely, the error goes away.

      I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong with trying to overload
      this function. I am trying to pass 'el' based on what I read in the
      Yahoo API under formatLink's arguments. Checking the example of an
      overload,
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_formatting.html,
      the overloaded formatter is formatMail and that accepts an 'elCell' as
      the first argument. In addition, it uses
      YAHOO.widget.Column.formatEmail which I think is just a shortcut. I'm
      lost. :-(
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic