15428Missing POST data in IE6/7

  • Derek
    Jul 13, 2007
      We have a fairly large app running on top of the basic Y!UI utils and
      have noticed something quite strange.

      Once in a blue moon, an XHR POST is made to the server with no
      content. This happens on both a programmatically built POST as well as
      a parsed form POST. In one instance, both a form POST and a
      programmatically built POST were made one second apart with both
      requests missing their POST data. The Content-length also comes
      through as 0.

      We searched the forums here and found the user that was not getting
      POST data due to the header type including "utf-8". We double-checked
      the headers that are getting sent and they indeed
      "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" as stated in their fix.

      We have users using IE6 - 7 and Firefox 1.5 - 2.0 and have only
      noticed the problem with IE users (with various different user
      agent's.) Whatever the problem is, it always seems to rectify itself
      on subsequent requests.

      We have added some logging into the Connection library to try and
      trace it to a JS error, but I am starting to think that IE's XHR
      Object is munging the data.

      Has anyone else had this problem?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic