14059L

  • Ted Husted
    Jun 2, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mgossmer" <mgossmer@...>
      > wrote:
      > I know this example, but I asked myself if there may be a much more
      > simple example then this, something without autocomplete, dpu ... -
      > for example filtering a table just based upon a value selected from
      > <select> box.

      Are you asking about filtering the records after they have been
      retrieved, or using the select box to obtain input that would filter
      the list returned from the database?

      If it's the former, the DataTable is backed by a RecordSet, and the
      system could scroll through the RecordSet and delete whatever record
      didn't meet the criteria. Or, it could create a new RecordSet and copy
      every record that met the criteria, and then replace the DataTable's
      RecordSet. The RowFilter example does the latter, and it also keeps
      the original RecordSet cached, so it can undo the filter. The overall
      architecture would still be very similar to the RowFilter example.

      -Ted.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic