13179Re: Splitbutton and events

  • Willem Joosten
    May 10 5:15 AM

      > In the meantime, here is an example how you can hook up all of your
      > event listeners in the body of a "init" event handler:
      >
      > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v220/examples/button/example03.php

      Todd,

      In version 2.2.2 the init event is removed from Button. So the
      approach used in the example you give doesn't work anymore. Is there a
      new approach to add event listeners to the menu / menu items?

      I tried to the following (using a input and select in html):

      var button = new YAHOO.widget.Button('btnProjectSelector', { type:
      'menubutton', menu: 'projectMenu');
      YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady('projectMenu', function(){
      initProjectMenu(); });

      The idea is that the menu initialisation in button is triggered by the
      same onContentReady event. So if events are fired in order they're
      created this should work.

      But initProjectMenu is never fired. When you switch the two lines it
      is fired so the code is ok. The problem is the removal of the original
      select item (line 1074 in button-beta.js)

      Regards,
      Willem
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic