1129Re: sliders: passing objects instead of IDs

  • ggederer
    May 8, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Reto Bachmann-Gmür
      <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I wanted to use yahoo-sliders in a tool which replaces specially
      marked
      > input-fields with sliders [1].
      >
      > I'm surpised to see the Slider constructor and functions like
      > getHorizSlider to expect the IDs of element rather that the element
      > itself. It seem awkward when elements are generated from another
      script,
      > to have to assign an ID to them pass this ID to the Slider-script
      which
      > will look up the element again. Are there particular reasons not to
      have
      > a getHorizSlider-method (or a variant of it) taking the div-elements
      > rather than their IDs? (I'd like to restrict the use of strings to
      code
      > which actually deals with text/plain).

      This is a nuisance, I agree. Slider is not the only component that
      suffers from this limitation. It would be nice to be able to assemble
      my GUI without having to add any of its elements to the DOM until after
      assembly. This would require significant retooling of DragDrop. I
      would probably do this if I had a place to drop the diffs. But, I don't
      want to get out of sync with the project.

      Greg
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic