Yahoo! Weather API

  • Dan Olsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2008
      I am developing a Java app that will display the weather and a 5 day
      forecast. However, the weather API only gives the current day's and
      the next day's forecast. Is there some way I can get a 5 day forecast?
      If not, is there a RESTful web service that will allow me to get a 5
      day forecast?
    • JR Conlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2008
        --- In ydn-java@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Olsen" <dan@...> wrote:

        > I am developing a Java app that will display the weather and a 5 day
        > forecast. However, the weather API only gives the current day's and
        > the next day's forecast. Is there some way I can get a 5 day forecast?
        > If not, is there a RESTful web service that will allow me to get a 5
        > day forecast?

        Sorry, due to contractual restrictions, we can't offer the five day
        forecast.

        wunderground.com has a two day forecast as part of the RSS feed they
        provide per page. It's ok, but not really detailed.

        e.g.
        http://rss.wunderground.com/auto/rss_full/CA/San_Jose.xml?units=both

        There is the National Digital Forecast Database from NOAA
        <http://www.weather.gov/ndfd/> but that's soap based. There is a "Web
        Service" offering as well
        <http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/xml/OGC_services/> but a bit closer
        to REST. (You can use the Geocoder