submitting a query of type "link: URL"

  • Itamar Laserson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2007
      Hi all,
      I have a problem using the Yahoo Java API when submiting a query of a
      type "link: URL" to get all the URL's the given URL appears in.
      This happend only when using the API. When I use the yahoo homepage and
      submit a query in that format, it works.
      Is it a known problem? Does anyone have sugestions?

      Thanks,
      Itamar
    • oouc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2008
        --- In ydn-java@yahoogroups.com, "Itamar Laserson"
        <itamar_laserson@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I have a problem using the Yahoo Java API when submiting a query of a
        > type "link: URL" to get all the URL's the given URL appears in.
        > This happend only when using the API. When I use the yahoo homepage and
        > submit a query in that format, it works.
        > Is it a known problem? Does anyone have sugestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Itamar

        It has been awhile since I taught/used Java. Also I am not great as
        a soothsayer able to see your code that you did not post. If you
        want an answer, I suggest you post your code and what is correctly
        returned when you use the yahoo homepage and what is incorrectly
        returned when you submit the Java API for "link: URL". Even then
        I may have to ask more questions about context. But others can
        and may answer more quickly if they actually see the code.

        Hope I can help,
        Oouc