Re: Why doesn't it matter what I put in for appid?

  • Brian Cantoni
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2008
      --- In ydn-java@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Kubaska" <ted.kubaska@...> wrote:

      > So I'm just trying out Yahoo Web Services and there's something really
      > simple and basic that I'm confused about. I have an appid and the
      > example I'm trying does require that I specify an appid but it doesn't
      > seem to care what it is or even if it is valid.

      Ted, it's a bit of a legacy design. Our terms of service require that
      developers register for a unique AppID (API Key) and use that as part
      of their webservice calls. Some of our webservices don't authenticate
      that the AppID passed is valid, so as you observed any string will
      work. (This is also true for 'YahooDemo' which we use as a demo key in
      our documentation.)

      It's best to "future proof" your application by using a real AppID.
      If/when AppID validation is implemented, you'll be covered.

      Brian Cantoni
      Yahoo! Developer Network