AS-Flash API for Maps

  • Jonathan Spooner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2007

      How do you use the Maps constructor function?
      http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/flash/V3.04/flashReference.html#Map

      I would like to set the maps default location with actionScript and
      not in the Components Parameters Inspector.

      It is possible to use myMap.setCenterByAddress() to move the map but
      requires the default map to load then your new address has to load.

    • Jeffery Bennett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2007
        --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Spooner" <jspooner@...> wrote:

        > How do you use the Maps constructor function?
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/flash/V3.04/flashReference.html#Map
        >
        > I would like to set the maps default location with actionScript and
        > not in the Components Parameters Inspector.
        >
        > It is possible to use myMap.setCenterByAddress() to move the map but
        > requires the default map to load then your new address has to load.

        Make sure you have the component in your library and try:
        _m_args =
        {_x:0,_y:0,_xscale:2500,_yscale:1500,appidStr:"ENTER_KEY_HERE",zoomLevelStr:11,addressStr:"1950
        University Avenue, Berkeley, Ca 94703"};
        _map = attachMovie('com.yahoo.maps.api.flash.YahooMap', '_map', 1,
        _m_args);
      • Jonathan Spooner
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2007
          Okay you officially rock.