Re: How to completely Reskin the Scrollbar Component inside the Tree component

  • ezpurchase2000
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 3:31 PM
      How about removing/disabling the up/down scroll arrows?

      There seems to be a skin for "disabled" scroll arrows... I have no
      idea what that thing does.

      Namely:

      A) Possible to disable up/down arrows?
      B) If not, what's the disabled skin for?

      --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Tynjala" <jtynjala@...> wrote:

      > >So the ScrollBar width is completely unchangeable?
      >

      > Not completely, but you'll probably have to overwrite
      > fl.controls.ScrollBar with a customized version that doesn't use a
      > constant.
      >

      > > but with a more customized scrollbar (it's actually simpler: it is
      > slightly thinner and has no up/down arrow functionality) ... Any simple
      > way to do this?
      >

      > Not likely. You're probably going to have to customize the List or
      > BaseScrollPane class because that's where the scrollbar(s) are defined.
      >
      > In short, Adobe's components for Flash CS3 can be difficult to customize
      > beyond simple skinning.
      >
      > -Josh
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Josh Tynjala
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 3:40 PM

        The disabled skin is for when the entire List/Tree is disabled. In that case, you can’t interact with the control at all.

        To remove the scroll arrows, you’ll probably have to subclass ScrollBar, hide the arrow buttons and resize the track. Then, you’ll need to subclass the main component and instantiate your new custom ScrollBar subclass in configUI() to replace the standard scroll bar with your own. Assuming you’ve subclassed ScrollBar and keep all the events and values working the same way, the rest of the code should work without changes.

        -Josh

        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 5:56 PM
          I'll give that a shot.

          I have another question.

          I want to style some text in the list/tree a certain way, and some
          other text another way.

          I remember a tutorial somewhere showing how to style elements that
          were wrapped in XML somehow.

          could have a certain style (from CSS) and <product> from another.

          Basically I want to make it so that the "products" are indented, while
          the "categories" aren't

          Hope that makes sense..!

          Thanks for your help :)