Re: Need to set marker by lat,lon that will dispatch click event

  • batmitra
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3 2:35 AM
      hi
      i'm a beginer at yahoo maps and still trying to get my way around it,
      so back to your problem:

      i've implemented customPOI with lat and lon and didn't have any
      problems to click on it, except one, i was using the event yahoo maps
      tells us to use but i found they where wrong, instead of using

      MapEvent.ON_P_O_I_CLICKED i've replaced it with onPOIClicked and it
      worked perfectly.

      You say we shouldn't use customswf? why?

      --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <tspratt@...> wrote:

      > It looks like "addCustomPOIMarker", which uses an address, is the only
      > marker that will dispatch a click event(onPOIClicked).
      >
      > I need to be able to set a marker (anything, nothing fancy) by
      > lat,lon, that will dispatch an event on user click.
      >
      > I don't do Flash, so the CustomSWFMarker solution is not attractive
      > (and based on posts here, that is not necessarily a solution either).
      >
      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Tracy

    • Tracy Spratt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4 7:58 AM
        No, it is just that I don't do Flash, yet, so analyzing and modifying a
        Flash component is not attractive to me.
        Tracy

        i'm a beginer at yahoo maps and still trying to get my way around it,
        so back to your problem:

        i've implemented customPOI with lat and lon and didn't have any
        problems to click on it, except one, i was using the event yahoo maps
        tells us to use but i found they where wrong, instead of using

        MapEvent.ON_P_O_I_CLICKED i've replaced it with onPOIClicked and it
        worked perfectly.

        You say we shouldn't use customswf? why?

        --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <tspratt@...> wrote:

        > It looks like "addCustomPOIMarker", which uses an address, is the only

        > marker that will dispatch a click event(onPOIClicked).
        >
        > I need to be able to set a marker (anything, nothing fancy) by
        > lat,lon, that will dispatch an event on user click.
        >
        > I don't do Flash, so the CustomSWFMarker solution is not attractive
        > (and based on posts here, that is not necessarily a solution either).
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Tracy

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Randy Troppmann
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6 11:59 AM
          This is a Flash solution that I think is undocumented:

          yahooMap.addMarkerByLatLon(ca.spintechnologies.maps.PushPin, latLon,
          {lat:latLon.y, lon:latLon.x, owner:this});

          where ca.spintechnologies.maps.PushPin is a class in the class path.
          This class needs a property like this:

          public static var className:String = "ca.spintechnologies.maps.PushPin";

          and then the movieclip can sit in the library with a linkage
          identifier as "ca.spintechnologies.maps.PushPin"

          The custom class will be fed the owner property which the instance can
          call back to. Now (in main) that you have the reference, you can
          attach your our click event listeners.

          - Randy