regarding chart categorynames

  • normalianajamali
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2011
      hello.
      is it possible to have the chart categorynames into two lines. the category name for each bar is pretty long. thus the graph chart tend to be smaller in width.
      please and thank you.
    • Josh Tynjala

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2011
          Hello. What do you mean by rotation of the chart labels? I m pretty lost reading the documentation. Im currently using the stackedbarchart. Thus the chart get smaller in width because of the length of the bar name. I m pretty lost reading the documentation.

          please and thank you.

          --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tynjala <joshtynjala@...> wrote:

          > You should be able to change the rotation of the chart labels. This should
          > allow more labels to fit within the bounds without overlapping. If you need
          > multiple lines, you'll need to create your own axis renderer.
          >
          > - Josh
          >
          > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:10 AM, normalianajamali <
          > normalianajamali@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > hello.
          > > is it possible to have the chart categorynames into two lines. the category
          > > name for each bar is pretty long. thus the graph chart tend to be smaller in
          > > width.
          > > please and thank you.

        • Josh Tynjala
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2011
            http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/astra-flash/classreference/com/yahoo/astra/fl/charts/CartesianChart.html#style:horizontalAxisLabelRotation

            On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM, normalianajamali <normalianajamali@...> wrote:

            Hello. What do you mean by rotation of the chart labels? I m pretty lost reading the documentation. Im currently using the stackedbarchart. Thus the chart get smaller in width because of the length of the bar name. I m pretty lost reading the documentation.

            please and thank you.

            --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tynjala <joshtynjala@...> wrote:

            > You should be able to change the rotation of the chart labels. This should
            > allow more labels to fit within the bounds without overlapping. If you need
            > multiple lines, you'll need to create your own axis renderer.
            >
            > - Josh
            >
            > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:10 AM, normalianajamali <
            > normalianajamali@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > hello.
            > > is it possible to have the chart categorynames into two lines. the category
            > > name for each bar is pretty long. thus the graph chart tend to be smaller in
            > > width.
            > > please and thank you.

          • normalianajamali
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
              hey. thanks for the reply. i tried rotation of the chart labels, but it wasn't what i looking for. ohh well...