Re: Need Carousel help... please.

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9 1:56 PM
      Ah! I was close! I did create a MouseEvent.MOUSE_CLICK event listener and handler but missed the idea of dispatching the ListEvent.ITEM_CLICK.

      Makes sense now. I'll give it a go and report back.

      In reference to when the renderer is destroyed, would that be when a CarouselItem is not visible in the carousel? Hmmm... what event would that be?

      --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tynjala <joshtynjala@...> wrote:

      > When the cell renderer is created, add an event listener for
      > MouseEvent.MOUSE_CLICK. In the event handler, dispatch ListEvent.ITEM_CLICK.
      > Be sure to remove the listener when the renderer is destroyed.
      >
      > - Josh
    • Josh Tynjala
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9 2:12 PM
        You probably want to do it when the renderer is passed to removeChild().

        Also, in the MouseEvent.CLICK handler, make sure to use event.currentTarget to ensure that you're dispatching ListEvent.ITEM_CLICK for the correct renderer.

        - Josh