Re: [ydn-flash] Re: Carousel: scrollToIndex

  • Josh Tynjala
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2011
      You're right, scrollToIndex() is overridden in Carousel. I'm not sure what it's meant to be doing, though. I wrote that class several years ago, and it was a bit rushed, so my memory is a bit hazy now.

      By the way, there are several issues in Carousel from Astra 1.4. Some of them got fixed in the patch I made available here:

      That may not be all of them, though. I made a number of bugfixes while using Carousel in a client project. I intend to put my latest source up on Github when I get a chance.

      - Josh

      On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Jason <jlampitt@...> wrote:

      Seems like the documentation is incorrect then b/c the method scrollToIndex() is defined as a method of the Carousel, not SelectableList.

      In the Carousel class, scrollToIndex overrides the method defined in fl.controls.SelectableList.

      So, just observations... Not really sure what direction I'm going to go, but creating a custom skin per your recommendation is probably the best course of action.