combine charts

  • normalianajamali
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
      hi. I m just wondering, combining column chart or stacked column chart with line series. Is it possible? I have been getting error combining them.

      thanks.
    • Josh Tynjala
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2011
        That should be possible. Just add a LineSeries to the data provider on a column chart. I seem to remember that one of the examples does a combination like that, but I could be wrong.

        - Josh

        On Thursday, August 4, 2011, normalianajamali <normalianajamali@...> wrote:

        > hi. I m just wondering, combining column chart or stacked column chart with line series. Is it possible? I have been getting error combining them.
        >
        > thanks.

      • normalianajamali
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2011
          hi. the example given was a bar chart. i had modify it to suit my needs where by an external xml file is use to plot the lineseries. in addition using the user inputs to create the bar chart. basically it works.

          but when i change the bar chart to a columnchart, it doesn't seem to work. getting some errors. is there anything to take note when using columnchart/stacked column chart?

          thanks for the reply.

          --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tynjala <joshtynjala@...> wrote:

          > That should be possible. Just add a LineSeries to the data provider on a
          > column chart. I seem to remember that one of the examples does a combination
          > like that, but I could be wrong.
          >
          > - Josh
          >
          > On Thursday, August 4, 2011, normalianajamali <normalianajamali@...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > hi. I m just wondering, combining column chart or stacked column chart
          > with line series. Is it possible? I have been getting error combining them.
          > >
          > > thanks.

        • Josh Tynjala
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8, 2011
            There should be no difference between bar and column charts, except that you need to ensure that you're targeting the correct axis with your data. The numeric axis is horizontal on a bar chart, but it is vertical on a column chart.

            Maybe if you shared the errors you are seeing, someone might be able to investigate.

            - Josh