help with custom numeric axis on line chart

  • vmlepore
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2011
      Hello everyone,
      This is my first post here, and I am an admitted actionscript/flash newbie (I'm working on it). Anyway, I've been struggling with a line chart for a few days so I figured I'd post here to see if someone had an easy response. I'm am graphing a line chart that shows level in decibels (vertical axis) vs. frequency in Hz (horizontal axis). I've got the data graphing fine using a line series and passing it to the chart, but I'm having trouble getting a custom numeric axis on the horizontal part of the graph. The problem is that I need to show a set of specific frequency intervals, but when I change the numeric axis, the graph no longer displays the data properly. I guess the question I have is this...

      Currently I have two arrays populating the data in the chart....

      Array 1 is the decibel data which is dynamically generated based on user input

      Array 2 is a fixed set of 1/24th octave frequencies that do not change

      Each array is the same length [180]. How do I associate Array1[i] with Array2[i] so the graph knows the frequency of each decibel data point? How do I then customize the horizontal axis with a third array of frequency intervals? I've been trying to use an array to generate a custom numeric axis but getting an error.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated!