TimeStepper not working in flex 4

  • akshat_prakash_in
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2010
      Hi,

      I have recently migrated my project to flex 4 SDK. and the current timestepper implementation is not working with the Flex 4 SDK. Is there a workaround to use this component in my flex 4 project or is there an updated code somewhere?

      Thanks
      Akshat
    • Josh
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 21, 2010
        Hi Akshat,

        If you're still looking for an updated TimeStepper component, you might be interested in my fork of the Astra Flex components on GitHub:

        http://github.com/joshtynjala/astra-flex

        I haven't built an updated SWC yet, but I made the necessary changes to the source code to get it working in Flex 4. I can confirm that I did a quick test of TimeStepper, and it seems to work fine. I plan to put a SWC up there soon.

        - Josh

        --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "akshat_prakash_in" <akshat.prakash@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have recently migrated my project to flex 4 SDK. and the current timestepper implementation is not working with the Flex 4 SDK. Is there a workaround to use this component in my flex 4 project or is there an updated code somewhere?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Akshat

      • ashish
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2011
          Dear Josh,

          I have tried using the code in 4.5. It was giving exception at 288 line of BaseMultiFieldInput.as. So, i have changed it to this:

          if(this.border != null){
          this.border.setActualSize(unscaledWidth, unscaledHeight);
          }

          Now, i don't see any border at all, even after setting the border thickness.

          Could you please help me out? or update the code for flex 4.5?

          Regards,
          Ashish Mishra

          --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "Josh" <joshtynjala@...> wrote:

          > Hi Akshat,
          >
          > If you're still looking for an updated TimeStepper component, you might be interested in my fork of the Astra Flex components on GitHub:
          >
          > http://github.com/joshtynjala/astra-flex
          >
          > I haven't built an updated SWC yet, but I made the necessary changes to the source code to get it working in Flex 4. I can confirm that I did a quick test of TimeStepper, and it seems to work fine. I plan to put a SWC up there soon.
          >
          > - Josh
          >
          > --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "akshat_prakash_in" <akshat.prakash@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have recently migrated my project to flex 4 SDK. and the current timestepper implementation is not working with the Flex 4 SDK. Is there a workaround to use this component in my flex 4 project or is there an updated code somewhere?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Akshat

        • Josh Tynjala
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2011
            Thank you for letting me know about this. I've confirmed that there is a runtime error when compiled with Flex 4.5. I will investigate.

            - Josh

            On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:39 AM, ashish <ashish4u4ever2003@...> wrote:

            Dear Josh,

            I have tried using the code in 4.5. It was giving exception at 288 line of BaseMultiFieldInput.as. So, i have changed it to this:

            if(this.border != null){
            this.border.setActualSize(unscaledWidth, unscaledHeight);
            }

            Now, i don't see any border at all, even after setting the border thickness.

            Could you please help me out? or update the code for flex 4.5?

            Regards,
            Ashish Mishra

            --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "Josh" <joshtynjala@...> wrote:

            > Hi Akshat,
            >
            > If you're still looking for an updated TimeStepper component, you might be interested in my fork of the Astra Flex components on GitHub:
            >
            > http://github.com/joshtynjala/astra-flex
            >
            > I haven't built an updated SWC yet, but I made the necessary changes to the source code to get it working in Flex 4. I can confirm that I did a quick test of TimeStepper, and it seems to work fine. I plan to put a SWC up there soon.
            >
            > - Josh
            >
            > --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "akshat_prakash_in" <akshat.prakash@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I have recently migrated my project to flex 4 SDK. and the current timestepper implementation is not working with the Flex 4 SDK. Is there a workaround to use this component in my flex 4 project or is there an updated code somewhere?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Akshat

          • Josh Tynjala
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 22, 2011
              astra-flex-2011-1.zip is now available. It should fix skinning issues with Flex 4.5.

              http://github.com/downloads/joshtynjala/astra-flex/