Line chart question. Urgent

  • stevendbernard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hi there,

      I have a line chart with 2 series on it running over 40 years. The problem I have is that one series runs the full 40 years and the other one starts 10 years after the first.

      But the chart draws the 2nd series at 0 until it gets to the first data point and then jumps up from zero to the first data value.

      Is there a way of making the second series just start at its first data value and ignore the first 10 years?

      Best
      Steven Bernard
    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
        If you can parse your data to have an entry displaying null, that will take care of it.

        Instead of:

        [
        {date: "1/2/1965", oldCompanyProfits: 5000},

        {date: "1/2/2005", oldCompanyProfits: 100000, newCompanyProfits: 200000},
        ]

        Try

        [
        {date: "1/2/1965", oldCompanyProfits: 5000, newCompanyProfits: null},

        --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "stevendbernard" <stevendbernard@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > I have a line chart with 2 series on it running over 40 years. The problem I have is that one series runs the full 40 years and the other one starts 10 years after the first.
        >
        > But the chart draws the 2nd series at 0 until it gets to the first data point and then jumps up from zero to the first data value.
        >
        > Is there a way of making the second series just start at its first data value and ignore the first 10 years?
        >
        > Best
        > Steven Bernard

      • stevendbernard
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
          Thanks Tripp you are an absolute star! I really appreciate the help you have given me over the past few months, you really know your stuff!

          Best
          Steven Bernard