Re: CS4 with Astra component

  • tripp.bridges
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27, 2009
      Hi,
      There are separate extension managers for CS3 and CS4. You will need
      to use the respective extension manager for each version of flash that
      you are using. Please confirm that you have installed the components
      to use with CS4 with the CS4 extension manager.

      Also, bear in mind that the CS3 components were designed and tested
      for CS3. Minimal testing has been done with the CS3 components in CS4
      and they do appear to work. More testing will be done in the near
      future to determine if any changes will need to be made.

      If you are still having installation problems or if you run into any
      other issues, feel free to ping back and we will investigate for you.

      Thanks,
      Tripp
      --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "roni_fital" <roni_fital@...> wrote:

      > I followed the steps in the instalation instructions. MXP was
      > installed, but the following step failed:
      > Start up Flash CS3, and the new components will appear in the
      > Components panel.
      > After installation, Using flash CS4 professional, I opened a new Flash
      > File (ActionScript 3.0). and I could not see the components (menu, ...).
      >
      > I could compile the examples. When I opened the examples, I could see
      > the added components in the library windows, but not in the component.
      >
      > Can someone help me there?
      > Thanks.

    • Roni Fital
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 27, 2009
        Yes, the astra component is used with CS4 flash & extension manager.

        I still can not see them in a new project, within component window.

        Thanks,

        There are separate extension managers for CS3 and CS4. You will need
        to use the respective extension manager for each version of flash that
        you are using. Please confirm that you have installed the components
        to use with CS4 with the CS4 extension manager.

        Also, bear in mind that the CS3 components were designed and tested
        for CS3. Minimal testing has been done with the CS3 components in CS4
        and they do appear to work. More testing will be done in the near
        future to determine if any changes will need to be made.

        If you are still having installation problems or if you run into any
        other issues, feel free to ping back and we will investigate for you.

        Thanks,
        Tripp

        --- In ydn-flash@yahoogrou ps.com, "roni_fital" <roni_fital@ ...> wrote:

        > I followed the steps in the instalation instructions. MXP was
        > installed, but the following step failed:
        > Start up Flash CS3, and the new components will appear in the
        > Components panel.
        > After installation, Using flash CS4 professional, I opened a new Flash
        > File (ActionScript 3.0). and I could not see the components (menu, ...).
        >
        > I could compile the examples. When I opened the examples, I could see
        > the added components in the library windows, but not in the component.
        >
        > Can someone help me there?
        > Thanks.

      • tripp.bridges
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 28, 2009
          Hi,
          I am unable to reproduce your issue. I just successfully installed the
          component to flash cs4 using the cs4 extension manager. I am going to
          need to ask you a few more questions.

          What message are you receiving from the extension manager after
          installing the components?
          Are you getting any alerts from the extension manager? If so, what do
          they say?

          Thanks,
          Tripp
          --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, Roni Fital <roni_fital@...> wrote:

          > Yes, the astra component is used with CS4 flash & extension manager.
          >
          > I still can not see them in a new project, within component window.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >

          > ________________________________

        • roni_fital
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 12, 2009
            Sorry for not replying till now.
            My OS is Windows, Vista Ultimate.
            The instalattion completed OK, but I could not see the components in
            a new project.
            I searched my local disk for "yahoo", and I found that the component
            was installed under
            C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS4
            \he\Configuration\Components

            I copied the components content to
            C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS4
            \en\Configuration\Components

            and the problem was solved!

            --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I am unable to reproduce your issue. I just successfully installed
            the
            > component to flash cs4 using the cs4 extension manager. I am going
            > need to ask you a few more questions.
            >
            > What message are you receiving from the extension manager after
            > installing the components?
            > Are you getting any alerts from the extension manager? If so, what
            do
            > they say?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Tripp
            > --- In ydn-flash@yahoogroups.com, Roni Fital <roni_fital@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, the astra component is used with CS4 flash & extension
            manager.

            > > I still can not see them in a new project, within component
            window.

            > > Thanks,
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • tripp.bridges
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 13, 2009
              I am glad you got it solved. Thanks for posting. We'll investigate and
              see if we can reproduce any issues with Vista. In the meantime, this
              may help another if they run into a similar issue.

            • Igor Costa
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 13, 2009
                Roni

                A good solution for you, if you're using astra is create your Flash CS4 file with Document Class and use Flex Builder to code, than you just point the .swc file in Flex Builder project properties.

                I havent this problem so far.

                Regards
                Igor Costa

                --