Re: [ydn-delicious] Missing Security Token

  • Josh Whiting
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
      On Jul 6, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Rupa Deadwyler wrote:

      > I've been using a modified version of John Ressigs
      > Super-fast-delicious-posting thingy. As of a few days ago it
      > doesn't work
      > due to a "missing security token". Anyone have any idea what I need
      > to do to
      > get it working again? I have little to no idea about javascript or
      > what the
      > token might be.

      We recently released a new security measure that is generally
      invisible to most users, but does break this kind of javascript. You
      can no longer bypass the posting form, which now contains a hidden
      "security token." This protects against XSRF (cross site request
      forgery) attacks on users.

      From now on, to make or edit a post, you need to go through either
      1) a form hosted by del.icio.us, or 2) the API. Sorry for the
      inconvenience - we are also working on improvements to the API to
      help enable more tools and hacks to use it, so stay tuned.

      -josh w
    • Rupa Deadwyler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
        > Josh Whiting" jwhiting@... wrote:
        >
        > We recently released a new security measure that is generally
        > invisible to most users, but does break this kind of javascript. You
        > can no longer bypass the posting form, which now contains a hidden
        > "security token." This protects against XSRF (cross site request
        > forgery) attacks on users.
        >
        > From now on, to make or edit a post, you need to go through either
        > 1) a form hosted by del.icio.us, or 2) the API. Sorry for the
        > inconvenience - we are also working on improvements to the API to
        > help enable more tools and hacks to use it, so stay tuned.

        Ok, well it would be fabulous if you guys could officially support a posting
        method like that. In my opinion no UI is the best UI :)