query start limit on 10000?

  • kekeguo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 12:47 AM
      I've been playing with the yahoo! answer api and just noticed there seems to be hidden limit on "start" set to 10000
      so if I use this query: http://answers.yahooapis.com/AnswersServic...amp;start=10000
      the start set to 10000 I get the results I wanted, but if I change start to 10001, nothing gets retured.
      Can someone confirm this? Is this a common limit on offset for all the similar apis?
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12 3:28 AM
        Hi,

        The documentation suggests an upper limit of 1000 for the start parameter: http://developer.yahoo.com/answers/V1/questionSearch.html

        However, as you have found, you can query higher than this - up to the internal limit for this API of 10000.

        Regards,

        Rob