FW: Consultant Position: Seattle International Foundation
Job Description- Seattle International Foundation
Job title: Consultant
Job type: Program Research and Evaluation
Hours: 30 hours p/week
Agency Name: Seattle International Foundation
Address: Suite 300, 909 NE Boat Street , Seattle , WA 98105
The Seattle International Foundation is recruiting a consultant to help manage grant making activities in the US and Latin America .
The Seattle International Foundation (SIF) was founded as a supporting organization to The Seattle Foundation for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and global development efforts in the Pacific Northwest and to serve as a resource to our community. SIF's financial support is very strategic in nature. It seeks to bring about changes in attitudes and practices that lead to social change, greater equity in opportunity and reductions in poverty. SIF’s regional focus is Central America and SIF’s investment areas are:
· Women’s leadership;
· Youth leadership;
· Social enterprise;
· The rule of law.
· Work with the Executive Director to develop criteria to evaluate high performing non-profits consistent with the mission and strategy of the Seattle International Foundation.
· Use the criteria to identify non-profits in Latin America for RFPs through desk research and building relations with other foundations and agencies with significant expertise in this area.
· Assist the Director with US-based initiatives, including the small grants program to support the international work of Washington non-profits.
· Create and maintain an Information Management System to locate data in systematic and accessible way.
· Produce reports on programs and finances for the Trustees and the Board.
· Develop a communication strategy to enhance the profile of the Foundation and highlight the work of grantees.
· Other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.
· Fluent Spanish and knowledge of Latin America, especially Central America .
· Bachelors in international studies, business, development or related field.
· Strong communications skills, especially producing professional reports.
· Excellent research skills, great networker and strong ability to build relationships with diverse groups.
· Experience in international development- direct experience of our investment areas a plus.
· Experience with grant making and foundations a plus.
· Enthusiastic and shows initiative in advancing the mission of the Foundation.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to programs@seaif. org with “Program Position” in the subject line. Position open until filled.