MongoDbClient fails to read

  • ranaaich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hi Brian,

      I've now started with MongoDB with YCSB by running MongoDbCLient as a first step.

      But I'm getting following error while reading the data.
      [root@melon brianfrankcooper-YCSB-8d3aa2e]# java -cp build/ycsb.jar:db/mongodb/lib/mongo-2.0-rc4.jar:db/mongodb/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.8.jar:db/mongodb/lib/log4j-1.2.14.jar:db/mongodb/lib/slf4j-api-1.5.8.jar com.yahoo.ycsb.CommandLine -db com.yahoo.ycsb.db.MongoDbClient -p mongodb.url=mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017 -p mongodb.database=ycsb
      YCSB Command Line client
      Type "help" for command line help
      Start with "-help" for usage info
      Connected.
      > insert ranaaich first=rana last=aich
      log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.yahoo.ycsb.db.MongoDbClient).
      Return code: 1
      56 ms
      > read ranaaich
      Return code: 1
      3 ms
      I'm not sure if the data is inserted at all. And hence the read failure. Moreover I'm not sure where exactly I'll configure the Logger.

      Thnaking you in advance.

      Rana
    • Brian Cooper
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2010
        Hi Rana,

        You are seeing a warning, not an error, so I think the operation still succeeded. I suggest looking at the log4j documentation (log4j is a separate library from our stuff). In the worst case, you should talk to Yen Pai, who wrote the Mongo client:

        http://github.com/ypai