Re: YCSB - Yahoo Cloud Serving Benchmark - now available for download

  • Jeff Hodges
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2010
      Hell yeah!
      --
      Jeff

      On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Brian Frank Cooper
      <cooperb@...> wrote:
      > Yahoo! Research is pleased to announce the release of the Yahoo! Cloud
      > Serving Benchmark, YCSB v. 0.1.0, as an open source package. YCSB is a
      > common benchmarking framework for cloud database, storage and serving
      > systems. Results for benchmarking HBase, Cassandra, PNUTS and MySQL will be
      > presented at the upcoming ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing on June 11. The
      > toolkit is extensible to support benchmarking other systems, and defining
      > new workloads.
      >
      > Source code and documentation is available at:
      >
      > http://wiki.github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/

    • Tatsuya Kawano
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2010
        Hi Brian and the team,

        Thanks for making the tools available for us. I just noticed a glitch
        in HBaseClient.java; HTable is set to non auto-flush mode, but there
        is no place that calls flushCommits() explicitly to push the
        uncommitted changes to HBase. When I run -load command with one
        million records to insert, I'll only get something like 998,582 loaded
        on the table.

        This code fragment should fix the problem:

        public void cleanup() throws DBException {
        try {
        if (_hTable != null) {
        _hTable.flushCommits();
        }
        } catch (IOException e) {
        throw new DBException(e);
        }
        }

        Thanks,

        --
        Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)
        Tokyo, Japan

        2010/4/24 Brian Frank Cooper <cooperb@...>:
        > Yahoo! Research is pleased to announce the release of the Yahoo! Cloud
        > Serving Benchmark, YCSB v. 0.1.0, as an open source package. YCSB is a
        > common benchmarking framework for cloud database, storage and serving
        > systems. Results for benchmarking HBase, Cassandra, PNUTS and MySQL will be
        > presented at the upcoming ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing on June 11. The
        > toolkit is extensible to support benchmarking other systems, and defining
        > new workloads.
        >
        > Source code and documentation is available at:
        >
        > http://wiki.github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/

        --
        河野 達也
        Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)

        twitter: http://twitter.com/tatsuya6502
      • Brian Cooper
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2010
          Thank you for the fix.

          Adam, can you please review this change (and file a github issue to track it)?

          Thanks!

          Brian