New web hosting service for Yankee 30 site

  • Steve Botts
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2009
      I've moved all of the existing content from our web site to our new domain, http://yankee30.org.  Some of the content there is out of date in the boats for sale, and the owners directory.  Please send me updated information.  I've added a couple of new features that I think many of you will like and take advantage of.

      There is a place where any of us can have a photo album and post our own photos.  You'll need to request an account from me at this point, but I'll create an album for anyone who wants one.

      There is also a forum where I've created a number of areas.  If you've got ideas on better organization, just let me know.

      Because of the proliferation of spam, I think I should take everyone's email address out of our directory.  Unfortunately I have no way of getting rid of the old free web site at prohosting.com.  So those pages stay there forever I guess.

      If you've got other ideas for the web site just let me know.

      Steve Botts
      "Amigo"  1975 Yankee 30 MkIII
    • Chris Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2009
        Thanks so much! That's great news. The old site is excellent, and the new forum is the best one yet. It'll be great to be able to keep things updated on that site, and to be able to have proper threaded discussions!

        I think I can safely say this'll be my last post to this forum - I'll see you all on the new "old" site!

        Thanks again, Steve, for all of your work to make this possible.

        Cheers,

        Chris

        --- In yankee30@yahoogroups.com, Steve Botts <steve.botts@...> wrote:

        > I've moved all of the existing content from our web site to our new domain,
        > http://yankee30.org Some of the content there is out of date in the boats
        > for sale, and the owners directory. Please send me updated information.
        > I've added a couple of new features that I think many of you will like and
        > take advantage of.
        >
        > There is a place where any of us can have a photo album and post our own
        > photos. You'll need to request an account from me at this point, but I'll
        > create an album for anyone who wants one.
        >
        > There is also a forum where I've created a number of areas. If you've got
        > ideas on better organization, just let me know.
        >
        > Because of the proliferation of spam, I think I should take everyone's email
        > address out of our directory. Unfortunately I have no way of getting rid of
        > the old free web site at prohosting.com. So those pages stay there forever
        > I guess.
        >
        > If you've got other ideas for the web site just let me know.
        >
        > Steve Botts
        > "Amigo" 1975 Yankee 30 MkIII

      • Richard Cox
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2009
          Steve

          First of all, thanks for everything you do for the Yankee 30's group.  Secondly, thank you for helping me find Headway.  Unfortunately, for the past two years my work has not allowed me to use her, and I had not confidence that was going to change anytime soon.

          I did sell her last week.  There was some question about the survey, and even at that point I was not sure I wanted to really sell her.  I told the broker that if a problem arose I was going to take her off the market.  I hope to return to California this year (maybe even in the SFO area), work permitting.  If so, I will again be in the market for another sailboat, and a Yankee will be my first choice.

          Again, thanks so much.

          All the best.

          Richard

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 20, 2009
            Hi Richard,
            I feel like I know you even though we've never actually met.  Congratulations on being able to sell Headway.  If you're ever in the Bay Area and need a sail, contact me.
            Best Regards, Steve