Looking for Yankee 30 on West Coast (fixer?)

  • sailr.rm
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      I have recently sold my Ingrid 38. I was burned out on costs and crew.
      I have decided to go back to the days where I could single hand and
      rigging did not require a second on the house. I would like to find a
      Yankee 30 that is inexpensive...meaning...has a dead engine, needs
      this or that. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy having a project.
    • Matt Maurer
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        what exactly is your idea of inexpensive?? I've got a 1971 hull #22. She's on her way to being a very nice boat. I just did all the standing rigging three months ago. Most of the running rigging has been upgraded over the past year. It has a 1996 Yanmar 2GM diesel that was rebuild a couple of years ago (I have all the receipts). I also just got done rewiring the entire boat including a new distribution panel, new battery, new battery switches and so on and so forth. Anyways, there is quite a bit of cosmetic work to be done on deck if your worried about that kind of thing. I'm currently living aboard, but I'd like to find something a bit bigger so my girlfriend and I are a bit more comfortable.
        Anyways, let me know what you think is inexpensive and I'll try to work something out.
        Good luck!

        Matt Maurer

        > I have recently sold my Ingrid 38. I was burned out on costs
        > and crew.
        > I have decided to go back to the days where I could single
        > hand and
        > rigging did not require a second on the house. I would like
        > to find a
        > Yankee 30 that is inexpensive...meaning...has a dead
        > engine, needs
        > this or that. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy having a
        > project.

      • Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
          Thank you Matt...Your boat sounds really nice. Actually it sounds like all the work has been done already. In my past I usually find a boat that needs engine, rigging, wiring and so on and do that myself. I have done this 4 times. So far I am looking at Yankees and Rawsons. Some of the Rawsons have been $4000 to $6000. To me that is doable since a good used diesel is $2500 and rigging $3000 and so on. I'm sure you are looking for more but thank you for replying...Martin

          There is no way to Peace...Peace is the way

          what exactly is your idea of inexpensive? ? I've got a 1971 hull #22. She's on her way to being a very nice boat. I just did all the standing rigging three months ago. Most of the running rigging has been upgraded over the past year. It has a 1996 Yanmar 2GM diesel that was rebuild a couple of years ago (I have all the receipts). I also just got done rewiring the entire boat including a new distribution panel, new battery, new battery switches and so on and so forth. Anyways, there is quite a bit of cosmetic work to be done on deck if your worried about that kind of thing. I'm currently living aboard, but I'd like to find something a bit bigger so my girlfriend and I are a bit more comfortable.
          Anyways, let me know what you think is inexpensive and I'll try to work something out.
          Good luck!

          Matt Maurer

          > I have recently sold my Ingrid 38. I was burned out on costs
          > and crew.
          > I have decided to go back to the days where I could single
          > hand and
          > rigging did not require a second on the house. I would like
          > to find a
          > Yankee 30 that is inexpensive. ..meaning. ..has a dead
          > engine, needs
          > this or that. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy having a
          > project.

        • Tom Peargin
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
            Lordy Martin. I have sailed on a Rawson long ago and believe here is a slight difference in performance between it and a Yankee. These seem like two really different types of boats. Anyhow, I wish you luck on your search. Patience is everything.

            Thank you Matt...Your boat sounds really nice. Actually it sounds like all the work has been done already. In my past I usually find a boat that needs engine, rigging, wiring and so on and do that myself. I have done this 4 times. So far I am looking at Yankees and Rawsons. Some of the Rawsons have been $4000 to $6000. To me that is doable since a good used diesel is $2500 and rigging $3000 and so on. I'm sure you are looking for more but thank you for replying...Martin

            There is no way to Peace...Peace is the way

            what exactly is your idea of inexpensive? ? I've got a 1971 hull #22. She's on her way to being a very nice boat. I just did all the standing rigging three months ago. Most of the running rigging has been upgraded over the past year. It has a 1996 Yanmar 2GM diesel that was rebuild a couple of years ago (I have all the receipts). I also just got done rewiring the entire boat including a new distribution panel, new battery, new battery switches and so on and so forth. Anyways, there is quite a bit of cosmetic work to be done on deck if your worried about that kind of thing. I'm currently living aboard, but I'd like to find something a bit bigger so my girlfriend and I are a bit more comfortable.
            Anyways, let me know what you think is inexpensive and I'll try to work something out.
            Good luck!

            Matt Maurer

            > I have recently sold my Ingrid 38. I was burned out on costs
            > and crew.
            > I have decided to go back to the days where I could single
            > hand and
            > rigging did not require a second on the house. I would like
            > to find a
            > Yankee 30 that is inexpensive. ..meaning. ..has a dead
            > engine, needs
            > this or that. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy having a
            > project.

          • Norman Paul
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008

              To: yankee30@yahoogroups.com
              From: engsolnorm@...
              Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 08:31:31 -0800

              Hi Martin,
              I have a Yankee30 in Coos Bay I'd like to sell. It IS a project, but it does float. I'm asking $12,500 for Makai but might take a bit less for cash. Contact me at engsolnorm@... or 541-505-2140 if you're interested.
              Regards,
              Norm

              Thank you Matt...Your boat sounds really nice. Actually it sounds like all the work has been done already. In my past I usually find a boat that needs engine, rigging, wiring and so on and do that myself. I have done this 4 times. So far I am looking at Yankees and Rawsons. Some of the Rawsons have been $4000 to $6000. To me that is doable since a good used diesel is $2500 and rigging $3000 and so on. I'm sure you are looking for more but thank you for replying...Martin

              There is no way to Peace...Peace is the way

              what exactly is your idea of inexpensive? ? I've got a 1971 hull #22. She's on her way to being a very nice boat. I just did all the standing rigging three months ago. Most of the running rigging has been upgraded over the past year. It has a 1996 Yanmar 2GM diesel that was rebuild a couple of years ago (I have all the receipts). I also just got done rewiring the entire boat including a new distribution panel, new battery, new battery switches and so on and so forth. Anyways, there is quite a bit of cosmetic work to be done on deck if your worried about that kind of thing. I'm currently living aboard, but I'd like to find something a bit bigger so my girlfriend and I are a bit more comfortable.
              Anyways, let me know what you think is inexpensive and I'll try to work something out.
              Good luck!

              Matt Maurer

              > I have recently sold my Ingrid 38. I was burned out on costs
              > and crew.
              > I have decided to go back to the days where I could single
              > hand and
              > rigging did not require a second on the house. I would like
              > to find a
              > Yankee 30 that is inexpensive. ..meaning. ..has a dead
              > engine, needs
              > this or that. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy having a
              > project.

              Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now