Tiller anyone?

  • papaspot1
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
      I'm looking for a tiller to fit the top of the rudder shaft for my
      Yankee 30. Does anyone know where I can get one?
    • aandrrice@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
      • Jack Mackinnon
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
          You will have to use the old rudderhead and attach a new tiller.

          Try H & L Marine Woodwork, available through PY Yacht:

          http://www.pyacht.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/h-
          h_and_l_woodworking.htm?E+scstore

          Then go to custom tillers and match your existing tiller as close as
          possible. You will have to drill the tiller to rudder head bolt holes
          in the tiller - use NEW bronze bolts, nuts and lockwashers!

          Jack Mackinnon, AMSĀ®-SMS
          (Senior Marine Surveyor)
          PO Box 335
          San Lorenzo, CA 94580