Exhaust (hot section)

  • Robert Meyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2006
      Coming out of my exhaust manifold is 1 1/4" pipe, it travels through
      the bulkhead then turns 90 degrees vertical to hook up with the
      standpipe. Since the engine is inclined a little the vertical pipe is
      not vertical and does not meet with standpipe correctly. The last
      attempt was to use a union to deal with the misalignment and goop. Can
      anyone tell me what they have on there boat or a better solution for
      this problem.
    • jsanian
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2006
        --- In yankee30@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Meyer" <eris2@...> wrote:

        > Coming out of my exhaust manifold is 1 1/4" pipe, it travels through
        > the bulkhead then turns 90 degrees vertical to hook up with the
        > standpipe. Since the engine is inclined a little the vertical pipe
        is
        > not vertical and does not meet with standpipe correctly. The last
        > attempt was to use a union to deal with the misalignment and goop.
        Can
        > anyone tell me what they have on there boat or a better solution for
        > this problem.

        Bob;

        A few years ago I replaced that pipe. If I remember correctly the
        slope or angle of the engine was about 12 degrees from horizontal
        which would make the angle of the bend in the pipe 78 degrees or so -
        90-12 = 78. I had an exhaust shop make me a new one. He charged me
        five bucks.

        JS