Re: [yankee30] Head stay Diameter

  • Doug Fredebaugh
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
      Although I think they were originally rigged with a 1/4", most of the boats
      we have re-rigged and my boat all have had 9/32" headstays. Cheers,
      Douglas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi Doug,

        Are you sure the size is 9/32"? I know mine is 7/32".

        Peter Jones
        Peter Jones Computer Consulting
        415- 752-7239

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
          All of the Yankee 30's we have re-rigged (4 in the last couple of years)
          have had 1/4" headstays and oddly all been equipped with Harken Unit One
          furlers. The only notes I have in my files for a Y-30 with a 7/32" headstay
          are for a boat with a VERY short rig (36' headstay).
          In an attempt to control mast pumping with-out adding a Baby stay I went
          to a heavier Headstay and back stay so as to develop more headstay tension
          and more mast bend. I have since added a baby stay as well....
          > Are you sure the size is 9/32"? I know mine is 7/32".
          >
          > Peter Jones
          > Peter Jones Computer Consulting
          > peterlwj@...
          > 415- 752-7239
          >

          > _____

        • Steve Botts
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007

            My boat is a MK III with the taller mast and my headstay is ¼”.  With a Harken Unit 1 furler by the way.   -Steve

            > Are you sure the size is 9/32"? I know mine is 7/32".
            >
            > Peter Jones
            > Peter Jones Computer Consulting
            > peterlwj@pacbell. net
            > 415- 752-7239
            >

            > _____

          • b_boynton2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
              Mine is also 1/4". I have a Mk I with a short rig.

              --- In yankee30@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Botts" <sbotts@...> wrote:

              > My boat is a MK III with the taller mast and my headstay is ¼".
              With a
              > Harken Unit 1 furler by the way. -Steve
              >

              > _____

              1/1/2007