www.yankee30.org expired

  • fooboa
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
      anyone know the person who was running yankee30.org? the domain name has expired and redirects to ads.
    • Richard Cox
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 18, 2013
        It was Steve Botts.  He was in the Bay Area and helped me find my Yankee 30 almost 12 years ago.

        anyone know the person who was running yankee30.org? the domain name has expired and redirects to ads.

      • Carson Baker
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 18, 2013
          This happened last year too. It's owned by Steven Botts, (925)-827-4692.

          On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM, fooboa <andvinco@...> wrote:

          anyone know the person who was running yankee30.org? the domain name has expired and redirects to ads.

        • Steve Botts
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 18, 2013
            That would be me.

            --
            Steve Botts

            anyone know the person who was running yankee30.org? the domain name has expired and redirects to ads.

          • Keehn, Dane
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 26, 2013
              Anyone have experience pulling the rudder post... or fixing the "bearing" (i don't know the correct name) that the rudder post sits in (about 1/2 way down the rudder). I've been watching the play in my "bearing" increase over the last 10 years and I think it's time to do something about it Any thoughts, adivice, or how-to's greatly appreciated. I have a MKIII, if that matters.
              Thank you,
              dane

              anyone know the person who was running yankee30.org? the domain name has expired and redirects to ads.
            • Peter Jones
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 27, 2013
                I had the problem years ago. The first "fix" was wedging in Teflon home made bearing which sort of lasted for about a year. The real fix was completely removing the entire bronze fitting, taking it to a machine shop where they refilled the hole with bronze and then drilled it out to the correct size.

                Peter Jones
                Sent from my cell phone
                415-752-7239 business
                415-987-7239 cell

                On Jul 26, 2013, at 10:25 PM, "Keehn, Dane" <dane.keehn@...> wrote:

                > Anyone have experience pulling the rudder post... or fixing the "bearing" (i don't know the correct name) that the rudder post sits in (about 1/2 way down the rudder). I've been watching the play in my "bearing" increase over the last 10 years and I think it's time to do something about it Any thoughts, adivice, or how-to's greatly appreciated. I have a MKIII, if that matters.
                > Thank you,
                > dane

              • Keehn, Dane
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2013
                  Now that I have my ruder bearing fixed (thanks Chris!) I've got a follow up question. As I was working on my rudder I was sighting to see if my rudder was actually lined up vertically with the Keel (it's not exact, btw, but close enough)... and noticed that my propeller shaft comes out at an angle. That is, it is not in perfect alignment with the rudder and keel, but just out a couple of degrees to starboard. Is this the original design? Or is it out of alignment? (I definitely do fight my helm some when under motor.) Any knowledgeable help/ thoughts appreciated.
                  Thanks,
[...]

                • Tom Billings
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1, 2013
                    It's typical.  And it's because the engine is not on the center line.

                    Tom
                    Sent from my iPad

[...]

                  • Jack Mackinnon
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 1, 2013
                      In many boats the shaft is slightly off center to allow the shaft to be pulled without pulling the rudder.

                      Sent from my iPhone,

                      Jack