Re: [yamaha-psr-styles] Yamaha's new software

  • Jefferson
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello France !

      Good to hear your voice again !
      It has been a while ago ... we really missed you !

      Are you going to order a TY3 ?
      Any idea of the French street prices ?

      Best wishes, Jeff / The Netherlands

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hi Jeff,

        I'm not sure, but I hope that these modified midifiles would at least motivate someone to look into this issue. It plays perfectly on my PSR3000, so maybe it can be converted from T3 back to PSR3000.

        I've read somewhere that the T3 uses more advanced conversions to the mega guitar voices and maybe these midis would reflect that. I'm too much of a novice to comment on this.

        Hennie

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
          Hi Lincoln,

          That's exactly my intention, but for some reason I cannot access boxnet right now. As soon as I can, I'll upload these files and post a link here.

          Regards,
          Henni

          Why not use the box.net service to upload your file(s).  It is easier to pick it up from there.  I also got the "deleted" message.

          Best regards,

          Lincoln

          ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
          This e-mail is confidential and is for the addressee only.
          Please refer to http://www.exxaro. com/content/ main/disclaimer. asp for important disclaimers.
          ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------

        • Lincoln Pinho

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
              Hi Hennie,

              Thanks for your reply.
              We surely will find out more within a couple of weeks from now.
              In the UK the first TY3 deliveries will take place after October 15, 2008.
              No doubt the original TY3 styles, voices, mpads etc. will be available soon.
              Then we will know much more.

              Ciao, Jeff

            • Lincoln Pinho
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
                Hi Henni,

                I just tried box.net and it is working fine here.  Probably network congestion or some other technical issue.

                All the best.  Keep us posted.

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
                  Hi all,

                  Until I can access boxnet, you can get these files here:

                  Regards,
                  Henni

                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
                    Sorry, how to download, plse ?
                    Thanks, Jeff

                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 1, 2008
                      Hi Jeff,

                      Just right click on the files at the bottom and select "save as". I can still not access boxnet and our server would not pass midi files, even if zipped.

                      Henni

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 2, 2008
                        Hi everyone,

                        I literally ran a few hundred styles through this process last night: Tyros 2 converter -> Tyros 3 converter -> Midiplayer to 3K conversion. There are changes to the styles, but they are very subtle - mostly to breath voices e.g. saxes and flutes. But all in all not really worth the effort.

                        Just to let everyone know.

                        Regards,
                        Henni

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 2, 2008
                          Many thanks for your efforts, Hennie !
                          Best wishes, Jeff

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 2, 2008
                            Hi all,

                            The good news is that, for those with a Tyros 2 or PSR S900, Tyros 2 converter can be used to update any PSR 3000/Tyros styles to the extra voices available on these boards. Go ahead, those programs are extremely easy to use and can do batch conversions with ease.

                            Thus, all the mega styles I've uploaded can be upgraded with ease!

                            Henni

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 2, 2008
                              okeedokee !
                              Thanks, Hennie !

                              Jeff

                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 2, 2008
                                Hi Hennie,

                                Thanks for this great news !
                                Maybe it is a silly thought  but I wonder if the TY3 Converter is not usable to convert the new TY3 styles into TY2/S900 styles ?
                                Best wishes, Jeff