PSR 3000 to S 950 ????

  • Norm Ruttle
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2013
        Hi  -  Thinking of getting an S 950 keyboard   -   Does anyone know if all my PSR 3000 registrations will transfer over without problems.  What do you think of the S950  ???   Would really appreciate any comments.  - Thanks  -  Norm
    • jack white
      Message 2 of 7 , May 22, 2013
        Norm,

        My girl-friend has a 950 and she says:

        "The registrations are specific only to the psr300 so wont transfer.
        The s950 will take most of the Tyros styles and is a very good allrounder"

        Being a T2 man ( at the moment ) I can't really comment but have played
        the 950 and the voices are very good indeed plus the weight is greatly reduced
        in comparison to the Tyros's, also there are no external speakers with their wiring.

        Best of luck with whatever you decide, Norm

        Regards
        Joss32868

          Hi  -  Thinking of getting an S 950 keyboard   -   Does anyone know if all my PSR 3000 registrations will transfer over without problems.  What do you think of the S950  ???   Would really appreciate any comments.  - Thanks  -  Norm
      • J Cross
        Message 3 of 7 , May 22, 2013
          I've had a tyros and had to sell it and ended up getting an s900 for the money it is pretty good but there was something about the tyros that tweaked. if you can't afford a tyros you can't go wrong with the s900/s910  I've downloaded a lot of different styles from different keyboards and they work pretty well, some not. there are converters also to change style from one keyboard to another.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 22, 2013
             There is no problem regarding the transfer of Song Styles from keyboards
            prior to the 950.  I certainly have had no problems

            I do not know about registration files.

            Hummers files are located here - -

            http://psrtutorial.com/sty/gigDisks/GD_hammer.html

            Larry

            To: yamaha-psr-songs@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1 3:33 PM
                  Thanks Jack  - I ‘ve bought a S950.  So far – pretty nice.  -  Thanks  -  Norm