PSR 3000 mic problem

  • Norm Ruttle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2013
             Hi  -   Have been having a problem, for a long time,  with my mic on my 3000.  When I use it, around 20 on the volume – I get a hissing noise through both internal and external speakers.  Sounds like the noise you would get, if your radio was off it’s station.  As you increase the volume it gets louder.   I can’t use the mic – the noise makes it impossible to sing or record.  As I recall -  I used to set it around 75 with no noise, untill I spoke into the mic.  Don’t know if this is normal, but when I’ve had a power failure and start my board, the mic volume it at 127 full blast with the noise.  Is that normal ????    I have checked with a couple of different mic’s  -  but the problem is in the board.    Has anyone had a problem like this or has any ideas.
                       I’ve been wondering about a factory reset.   Anyone able to tell me how to do that -  if I can’t get some more information.     Thanks for your time guys  -  Norm Ruttle