smf-playback-live software

  • trischak
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2010
      Hello,
      as hobbymusician i am looking for software-playback-midiplayer with realtime-control.
      Like me, hobbymusican and one-man-bands are using midifiles as background for performance. But they miss possibilities to act live – to repeat a phrase or to jump to another area of the song, or to play a refrain as often as publicum wants to hear them.
      Solutions are songpositions-marked midifiles as hooks/triggers for jumps and repeats during performance. Markers acts as right-left-boundaries of logical/musical areas within a complete midifile, to trigger and execute user-selected.
      If the SMF-Player run into songposition-marker, a jump to another songposition maybe the reaction depending on key (mouseclick, screen-touch) pressed before by the user.
      Already existing solutions are not useful enough for immidiately and easy usage. It is enough to be able to select a midifile for playback and to get information about existing songposition-markers within the file. To control the movement within a song only four elements are necessary (play/stop – next – previous – loop) and a good continously updated display of currently and next played area (or its marked boundaries).
      On my opinion it may be predictable effort for programmers familiar with midiprogramming - maybe someone have ideas how to realize a project smf-playback-live?
      alfred/vienna
    • Agapoff Arthur
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2010
        Hi Alfred,

        I'd really like to help you.
        Could you send me any of your SMF having such markers in it ?

        Best regards,
        Arthur.

        Quelques musiques : www.wat.tv/Art60

        KarPbo, le convertisseur Midi -> audio+karaoké gratuit : http://artagap.free.fr/karpbo/index.htm