Re: [yamaha-psr-songs] Re: "Wooden Heart" MP3 Vocal

  • Bill Palfenier
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1 8:36 AM
      Del, you and I have much in common, I owned a PSR-3000, and
      was stationed in Soest Germany with the Princess Patrica Canadian
      Light Infantry regimental band for two years as a trumpet player.
      In my off time I played with a four piece dance band. Back then
      I played drums with my trumpet on a stand beside me, a mic with
      stand in front of me, and yes I sang "Wooden heart" at the time
      it came out.... But I'm also 74 years old now too. !!
      Hope this is not boring for you. Have a good day - Bill

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1 9:29 AM
        HI Del,
        Sounds great and thanks for playing it for us.
        I thought this was a very innovative version and I think it works very well on one of the old favourites.
        Regards
        Ray

        Del Kay wrote:

        Hi,

        Played and did vocal MP3 on "Wooden Heart" on the PSR3000.  Great song from the ELVIS movie "G.I. Blues".

        It brings back fond memories of my time in Stuttgart, Germany after being drafted into the U.S. Army about 14 months after Elvis was drafted.  Hope you like this version.

        Del

      • Ray - Broken Hill Australia
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1 9:38 AM
          Hi Bill,
          I found your story interesting and can just imagine what it must have been like singing that song so many years ago as you describe.
          Sounds like you had a good time, as would anyone listening to this song...I would have then as I did listening to Del's version as this one of my really favourite favourites!
          Regards
          Ray

        • del1235
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1 10:59 AM
            --- In yamaha-psr-songs@yahoogroups.com, Ray - Broken Hill Australia
            <raypyam@...> wrote:
            Hi Ray & Bill,

            Glad you liked my upbeat version of the song which is a bit different
            than the puppet version I remember watching Elvis sing in the movie.

            Bill has me by a year; but, it's quite possible that we were in
            Deutschland around the same time. Small world, huh?

            Best regards,

            Del

            > HI Del,
            > Sounds great and thanks for playing it for us.
            > I thought this was a very innovative version and I think it works
            very
            > well on one of the old favourites.
            > Regards
            > Ray
            >

            > Del Kay wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Played and did vocal MP3 on *"Wooden Heart"* on the *PSR3000*.
            Great
            > > song from the ELVIS movie *"G.I. Blues". *
            > >
            > > It brings back fond memories of my time in Stuttgart, Germany
            after
            > > being drafted into the U.S. Army about 14 months after Elvis was
            > > drafted. Hope you like this version.
            > >
            > > MP3:

            http://www.4shared.com:80/file/53922880/19fe871f/Wooden_Heart.html

            <http://www.4shared.com:80/file/53922880/19fe871f/Wooden_Heart.html>

            > > Del

            02/26/09 14:51:00

          • Cherie Murillo
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 4 1:38 PM

              Del,

              I really loved your rendition of this good old song.  Sounded outstanding both singing and playing.  Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

              Cherie

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 5 10:36 AM
                Hi Cherie,

                Many thanks for listening and for the nice comments and feedback. Much appreciated.

                Del

                --- In yamaha-psr-songs@yahoogroups.com, "Cherie Murillo" <pasos@...> wrote:

                > Del,
                >
                > I really loved your rendition of this good old song. Sounded outstanding
                > both singing and playing. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
                >
                > Cherie

              • Alpha 9 Bravo
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 8 4:02 PM
                  --- In yamaha-psr-songs@yahoogroups.com, "Del Kay" <del1235@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Played and did vocal MP3 on "Wooden Heart" on the PSR3000. Great song from the ELVIS movie "G.I. Blues".
                  >
                  > It brings back fond memories of my time in Stuttgart, Germany after being drafted into the U.S. Army about 14 months after Elvis was drafted. Hope you like this version.
                  >
                  > MP3: http://www.4shared.com:80/file/53922880/19fe871f/Wooden_Heart.html
                  >
                  > Del

                  nice use of the Vocaliser!...at least you weren't flat like Vinnie!