Re: [yamaha-psr-songs] Three Quick Record Songs from Bob G.

  • Brian Haylett
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      No, they still sound awful :) Joking, Bob. Sort of.

      You're certainly a little imp with your rhythmic variations, always
      off on another joke. I don't think anyone else here plays that way.
      But I do have a serious problem with the voices. Maybe my
      communications have gone off-kilter today, or the T2 is having trouble
      with your Woolworth's Special. It sounds as if backwards-compatibility
      can no longer cope. I can't remember what you play, it's so long since
      you've dived in (dove?)

      Brian

      On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Bob Gelman <bobgelman@...> wrote:
      > Here are three Quick Record songs I did today. These will sound awful if
      > you try to listen to them on your PC. Try them in your PSR.
    • Bob Gelman
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
              Hi Brian,

                            Woolworth Special is a PSR-9000  ;)

                            In recent past years I listened to our PSR Song files on my PC with the Yamaha Y-SGX100 Software Synth.  I recently upgraded my OS from Win98/2000 to XP.  After searching the net I found that the only available one for XP is the Y-SGX50 "free trial".

                           The songs I uploaded sounded fairly good on my notebook computer with this:

                                                http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Yamaha_S-YXG50/download/

                          You could also run my songs thru Michael Bedesem's MidiPlayer program with your TYROS as the target.

                                                        Cheers,

                                                                     Bob

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
          Thanks, Bob. I'm on Vista, and play through the T2 anyway. I guess my
          system just got maladjusted yesterday, perhaps from spending too much
          time on YouTube, watching he Blackpool hoedown.

          Brian

          On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Bob Gelman <bobgelman@...> wrote:
          > Hi Brian,
          >
          > Woolworth Special is a PSR-9000 ;)
          >
          > In recent past years I listened to our PSR Song files on
          > my PC with the Yamaha Y-SGX100 Software Synth. I recently upgraded my OS
          > from Win98/2000 to XP. After searching the net I found that the only
          > available one for XP is the Y-SGX50 "free trial".
          >
          > The songs I uploaded sounded fairly good on my notebook
          > computer with this:
          >

          > http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Yamaha_S-YXG50/download/
          >

          > You could also run my songs thru Michael Bedesem's
          > MidiPlayer program with your TYROS as the target.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Bob

        • del1235
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
            Hi Bob,

            Know the first and last song very well, but haven't played them in a
            very long time. The styles and registrations you used definitely make
            the song your own. It's fun to see what you can create.

            Del

            --- In yamaha-psr-songs@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Gelman" <bobgelman@...>