Re: [yamaha-psr-songs] I'll be home for Christmas KP

  • WPHINDLEY
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi Ken
      Of course I was kidding about the turkey sandwich - we also share a mince pie.
      Funnily enough we still have one of those parafin heaters but its rusty beyond use now.
      I remember the Esso advert for blue parafin and the catch phrase " The Esso Blea Dooler"
      All the best
      Spike
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
        PSR Circle Song Review

        Ken,

        I really loved the way you played this rendition of this song.  It sure sounded outstanding.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

        Cherie

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hi Ken,

          I think its a shame if you only post the one Christmas song, especially if the others are as good as this one. After all, its the special music and songs that help to make Christmas what it is.

          You said it was beginning to snow in your email, and it made me think that even after living in New Zealand for 44 years, I still have not got used to celebrating Christmas in the summer. Somehow it just does not feel right. In actual fact, we have had snow laying in our garden only once in all those 44 years, so a white Christmas is just something to be dreamed about.

          Anyway, seasons greetings to you and your family, and throw a snowball for me.

          Best wishes,

          Hal

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
            Hi Spike!

            Are you absorbing what Ken is telling you?  Actually, he still burns lamps, all over his front garden!!  Just can't let go of the "good" times, I suppose.

            Hang in there, Spike, I've been to hell and back many times over the past seventy years (well sixty anyway) but things have a habit of working themselves out depite us - divine intervention, planned course or whatever they want to call it.  How can you not get into the spirit when you have such jolly people as Ian, Ken and me in the group?

            Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas anyway, Spike!

            Clive

            Ken Parsons <headphones_geforce@...> wrote:
            Hi Spike.

            Thanks for your good wishes.

            From your comments I gather that all you have to look forward to is a very bleak Christmas.  Life can be really unfair at times, and I hope your situation changes for the better soon.

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
              Hi Spike!

              Scrooge is not dead, I know, I've just received notification from him that my OAS, because of my dire straights, is to be raised 27cents a month!!!  Wow!  I can go out and buy a bird for Christmas - budgie, probably!

              Actually, things were that bad in the middle sixties and along came Avie Weber, a good "catholic" guy, gave me a job and I ended up District Sales Manager of all the Maritimes and Eastern Canada, driving a Mercedes.  After five years I went back to teaching (got married and didn't want to spend nine months in the year on the road).  Avie turned my life around and from there on I've kept my head above water!!

              Actually, my parents were in the iron and steele business, my mother used to iron and dad use to steal!  We were so poor, they knocked down our neighbourhood and built a slum!  Ken thinks he had bad...!

              Merry Christmas, Spike and enjoy your turkey sandwich!
              Clive

              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
                Hi Hal.

                Appreciate your kind comments regarding carols.

                My oldest son emmigrated from Canada to Auckland, New Zealand about four years ago.  He echoes your comments on a summer Christmas being much different.   He certainly dosen't miss our bitter winters though!!!!

                Mike has sent us several books on New Zealand which we enjoyed looking at very much.   It is a beautiful country.

                Thank you for your Christmas wishes.   You and yours have a good one too.

                Kindest Regards,

                Ken.

                ValHal <valhal@...> wrote:
[...]

                Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

              • Ken Parsons
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Hello Cherie

                  Many thanks for listening.   Have a Very Happy Christmas

                  Kindest Regards,

                  Ken.

                  Cherie <pasos@...> wrote:
[...]

                  Yamaha psrElectronic instrumentSynthesizer music
                  Electronic musicMusic samplerElectronic musical instrument

                • WPHINDLEY
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 2, 2005
                    Hi Clive
                    27 cents a month? wow! is that after tax? why not save it all up and in approx 1000 years (I worked it out) you could have a new Tyros 2. Good to read of your success.
                    Poor? we used to sell clothes pegs to the gypsies
                    You and Ken seem to have a very humourous friendship, you both have a sense of humour which is sadly not universal - we need one although mine gets me into hot water very often as I wind people up (maybe you've noticed!)
                    On a serious note about Xmas - to me it's become too commercial in that we are all duped by the marketting men that we must have this or that and spend your hard earned cash on buying (mostly ) useless overpriced presents for people you don't particularly like who don't want them anyway. It's bonus time for the shops. The amount of money that is spent in the persuit of  "Xmas" could pay off the world debt. Maybe instead of buying presents we could send the money to the poorer countries where it would have an impact. The religeous side of Xmas now takes a back seat and may even get banned for fear of offence if the PC police get their way.
                    Must get off the soap box
                    Have a great Xmas Clive (and family)
                    Spike
                    "nil illegitimus carborundum"

                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 2, 2005
                        Hi Eva.

                        Many thanks for your comments.

                        Hopefully you'll hear some more new songs this Christmas that you like.

                        Christmas greetings to you!

                        Kindest Regards.

                        Ken.

                        Ken Parsons schrieb:
[...]

                      • Ian Mac Neill
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 25, 2006
                          Hey Clive,

                            Merry Christmas from a weary Caper....up late...for no damn good reason, either.<grin>

                           Ian

                          Not heard anything of you in the last year so I thought I'd just take a moment to wish you and the family a very happy Xmas and a great 2007
                          KInd regards
                          Spike
                          Are you absorbing what Ken is telling you?  Actually, he still burns lamps, all over his front garden!!  Just can't let go of the "good" times, I suppose.

                          Hang in there, Spike, I've been to hell and back many times over the past seventy years (well sixty anyway) but things have a habit of working themselves out depite us - divine intervention, planned course or whatever they want to call it.  How can you not get into the spirit when you have such jolly people as Ian, Ken and me in the group?

                          Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas anyway, Spike!

                          Clive

                          Ken Parsons <headphones_geforce@ yahoo.ca> wrote:
                          Hi Spike.

                          Thanks for your good wishes.

[...]