Re: [yamaha-psr-songs] Snedsongs

  • Brian Haylett
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      I think 'whoever' was just trying to see what he could type in to NoteWorthy, Bob. But, of course, my point was that it may still be a useful source of sheet music to some - the notes are there.

      Brian

      On 9/30/05, Bob Gelman <annelyse@...> wrote:
          Well, of course, how could I resist Brian.....   I listened to two songs (attached) to hear an example of what you meant by "played with no great skill"  ;)      Yuck.  Dreadful.  It seems obvious to me that these are NOT played -- simply the worst example to date, perhaps, of the problems with sequencing RATHER THAN PLAYING songs.  Either the "musician" is a Robot, or these were, VERY badly, sequenced.

    • Bob Gelman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
           Yup, he played "all the notes"  :)

                  Bob
        I think 'whoever' was just trying to see what he could type in to NoteWorthy, Bob. But, of course, my point was that it may still be a useful source of sheet music to some - the notes are there.

        Brian

        On 9/30/05, Bob Gelman <annelyse@...> wrote:
            Well, of course, how could I resist Brian.....   I listened to two songs (attached) to hear an example of what you meant by "played with no great skill"  ;)      Yuck.  Dreadful.  It seems obvious to me that these are NOT played -- simply the worst example to date, perhaps, of the problems with sequencing RATHER THAN PLAYING songs.  Either the "musician" is a Robot, or these were, VERY badly, sequenced.

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
      • Eva
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
          Dear Bob,

          Your three midis are indeed a zillion better than the two small ones. I don't how good a midi sequenced in Noteworthy Composer can be. It is not very easy to create good music with a notation program. A keyboard certainly is the better choice - and more fun.

          Thanks,
          Eva

          Bob Gelman schrieb:
              Well, of course, how could I resist Brian.....   I listened to two songs (attached) to hear an example of what you meant by "played with no great skill"  ;)      Yuck.  Dreadful.  It seems obvious to me that these are NOT played -- simply the worst example to date, perhaps, of the problems with sequencing RATHER THAN PLAYING songs.  Either the "musician" is a Robot, or these were, VERY badly, sequenced.

              What they are, really, is a terriffic example of why our PSR's are so amazing.  I can sit down at my PSR and zap off an instant one pass Quick Record of either of these that will sound a zillion times better.  It probably took Robby Robot a week to sequence each of these "masterpieces"  ;)

                  Cheers,

                         Bob

          PS:  The  two LARGER Basin St. Files are me playing Quick Records... as well as the 22.4 KB Desert Song.