Re: [yamaha-psr-songs] My new Tyros disk is now ready

  • Eva
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2005
      Dear Alan,

      Thanks a heap for this bunch of music! It seems that today is my Alan
      Paganelli day. I've burned your previous mp3s on CD and listened to it today
      while driving the car. I sincerely hope that you will make mp3s of your
      latest recordings too, because my poor keyboard is sometimes not able to
      reproduce the sound correctly (e.g. Healing Hands of Time and maybe Apple
      Blossom Time). And I hope too that you will send me the download address:)

      Of course I have my favorites in your Tyros disc 6, which are "Carlolina in
      the morning", Cherry Pink..." and "The Organ Waltz medley".

      Enjoyed your music very much.
      All the best,
      Eva

      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2005
        Dear Eva,

        I've been thinking of putting GM versions of each song out. I'm not sure
        though how it will work out with organ drawbars but would guess they would
        be ignored and a single organ voice used instead. There are songs on my
        web site for Christmas that are quite old and I've been thinking of
        deleting those and replacing them with the GM versions. It's hard to
        choose with only 10 megs of free disk space. A friend is letting me use
        100 megs of his disk space for the 30 mp3 files. He tells me though that
        that may have to change too so I'm not sure what will happen. The 6 disks
        of songs I have out hold 72 songs and it would take a wile to convert them
        all using midi player. I've never figured out how to do it as a batch job.
        For some reason it isn't working with my screen reading program unless
        Michael has some keyboard short cuts. I'd have to ask him about it.
        Usually, time is the factor. My father is not doing well and has had his
        chart marked (DNR) and the hospice has been contacted so now it's a waiting
        thing. Every time the phone rings my heart is in my throat. Never the
        less, I'll try my best to get as many files converted and send them to you.
        Pardon my bad memory but I can't remember what model keyboard you have so
        can you please refresh my memory? As always, I am delighted that you've
        visited my web site again. So, now the dryer went off and it's time to go
        fold clothes. Lucky me hey. <grin>

        Your friend,

        Alan
        PS: I'll send this privately rather than to the group. Not all of my
        message is music related.

      • Alan Paganelli
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2005
          My apologies to the group. That message was suppose to go to Eva privately.

        • Michael P. Bedesem
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2005
            Alan:

            I am sorry. I did not know that the PlayList toolbar commands would not respond to shortcut keys.

            So you do not have to do that work manually, I created a new version that does respond to Shortcut keys.

            It is Version 4.2.5 and it is at www.svpworld.com/beta . You must have at least 4.06 on your system. If so, just download 4.2.5 and unzip the file and copy it to C:\Program Files\MidiPlayer

            If you do not have 4.06 or later on your system, then download the full version of 4.2.4 that is at the same site. Use Start/Control Panel/ Add & Remove to remove your existing version of MidiPlayer and then unzip 4.2.4 and double click on setup.exe. Then copy 4.2.5 as above to C:\Program Files\MidiPlayer

            To Batch process with 4.2.5,

            Start MidiPlayer

            Open the Play list ALT w
            Add to PlayList ALT a
            Select the files and open ALT o
            Select Batch  ALT b

            Then a problem. ALT b displays the batch window, but it does not select it . Somehow you must click on it to get its attention (to the left of the main screen at about 10 o'clock)

            To select and output folder (Browse) ALT b

            To Process and Save the files ALT P

            to exit ALT x

            I hope this helps,

            Regards,

            Michael

          • Alan Paganelli

                Message 7 of 13 , May 2, 2005
                  Alan:

                  I am happy that the program now works for you.

                  If you send me the file before conversion and the one that has the pitch bend problem and how to to reproduce it,  I will see if I can find the issue. I do not think that I do anything with Pitch Bend settings in MidiPlayer so I am puzzled.