Re: [yamaha-psr-songs] STYLES GROUP DELETED (BY YAHOO ????)

  • Chris Easdown
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 12:17 AM
      Bob
      I suggest we continue in the songs group for the time being
      at least that can keep most of the group together
      and you can use this forum as a vehicle to keep us informed,
      Because this is a great group with 5000 members
      It cannot be allowed to disappear just like that
      Have you replied to Yahoo
      Are they willing to give you an explaination?

      Bob Gelman <annelyse@...> wrote:

         I am as surprised as everyone else that our Styles Group seems to
      have disappeared !!!  I know nothing more about this, I suspect, than
      any of you.   Sad. sad. sad.....

         OK, here is what little I DO know.

      1. Yahoo changed its' "Format/Style" for Yahoo Groups recently.

      2. We noted that, inexplicably, the number of Styles Group members
      magically jumped from 5,000 to 6,500 in a day or two.

      3.  THIS YOU WILL NOT KNOW:  I received an email from Yahoo [see end
      of this email for text of the message] advising ME, personally, that
      I am in violation of some unspecified Yahoo rule.

      4. Our Styles Group is suddenly and without any
      explanation "disappeared".

         WHAT HAPPENED?  I DON'T KNOW !!!!

      MY SUSPICIONS:

        1. We have been Hacked Out of Existence.

        2. Some Style (c) owner complained to Yahoo about something and
      they just deleted us.

              WHAT SHOULD WE DO:

      1. Let's "discuss" this in the Songs Group.

      2. We could rename the Songs Group, or just leave it as it is.
      Fortunately almost all of our Styles Collection is maintained at the
      ARCHIVE.  Any missing styles, that were only in the FILES area of the
      Styles Group site could be sent over to the ARCHIVE.  That our
      MESSAGES history is lost is a bummer, as well as membership list,
      etc. but there is not much to do about it....

      3. I could just start a New Group and we could join that one.

      4.  Someone with more energy, etc. could investigate this and find
      out WHAT HAPPENED and TRY TO UNDO IT.

      5. We could start advising YahooGroups that we are unhappy about this.

             OK, let the discussion begin....

                 Bob Gelman

      PS:  I do hope our Songs Group is not also deleted!

[...]

        <FONT COLOR="#000099">In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
        </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/c9hWNA/3MnJAA/n1hLAA/QnLolB/TM"><B>Click Here!</B></A>

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Brian Haylett
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 7:13 AM
          Just a passing thought: there was at least one group contributor who
          kept raising the matter of copyright. Can't look it up now!

          Brian