Re: [yamaha-psr-songs] Wonderful Tonight

  • Chris Bell
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2004

      Thanks very much to all who commented on "Wonderful Tonight" ... you are too kind.
      And to Will ... I learnt the trick of including the Sweet Soprano Sax some time ago ... guaranteed to earn me a few extra points from you   :o)
      "Coincidence that you should play Wonderful Tonight, that's just what my wife was telling me last night!!!!" ... yeah ... right, Will   ;o)
      Thanks again
      Chris

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 3, 2004
        Hoi Chris,

        Again a real beauty from your hand. Wonderful guitar playing!

        Chris, I am sorry to hear that you are leaving the group. That means an empty place in my Top Three. However, a man's got to do what a man's got to do : )
        I am really curious where you move on. Are there other psr-groups in the universe? They did find water on Mars I heard recently, so who knows.

        I do hope to receive your music maybe in another way because I can't imagine that you stop making music and I would miss it... And if you want I would be very pleased to send you my new songs when the Lady Inspiration comes for a visit (she's on holiday since Christmas).

        Thanks a lot for all your fine musical and other contributions Chris!
        Jaap.

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 19, 2005
          Hi group, haven't posted any songs for a while so here's a revamped version of this great Eric Clapton number, recorded today, after some tweaking of an original style (by Bogdan I think).

          Best wishes,

          Charlie Love
        • WPHINDLEY
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 21, 2005
            Hi Charlie
            Wonderful tonight? Wonderful anytime! Beautifully played and arranged.
            Regards
            Spike

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 21, 2005
              Thanks, Spike, for those encouraging words!

              Best wishes,

              Charlie Love
              Wonderful tonight? Wonderful anytime! Beautifully played and arranged.
              Regards
              Spike
              Hi group, haven't posted any songs for a while so here's a revamped version of this great Eric Clapton number, recorded today, after some tweaking of an original style (by Bogdan I think).

              Best wishes,

              Charlie Love

              Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
            • Ann Mitchell
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 22, 2005
                Hi Charles:
                Very Beautiful Song and you played it so well....Enjoyed all the voices you used......Such a soft and soothing song.....Guitar sounds wonderful on the Clavinona.....Hope you will send in more..
                Ann
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 16, 2006

                  Wonderful Tonight. Eric Clapton wrote this in 1976 while waiting for his girlfriend (and future wife) Patti to get ready for a night out.

                   They were going to a Buddy Holly tribute that Paul McCartney put together, and Clapton was in the familiar position of waiting while she tried on clothes.

                  This song is a fixture at proms and weddings.

                    A little bit of multitracking on the PSR-3000, Clapton's signature guitar intro on track 2, and using a custom style that I've included.

                     I hope you like this classic love song from the 70's.

                      Ian

                • Bill Palfenier
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 18, 2006
                    Well Ian, you may not sing, but you sure as hell
                    know how to make great recordings on your
                    keyboard..   "Wonderful it is"     Bill

                    Ian Mac Neill <ianmac@...> wrote:
                    Wonderful Tonight. Eric Clapton wrote this in 1976 while waiting for his girlfriend (and future wife) Patti to get ready for a night out.
                     They were going to a Buddy Holly tribute that Paul McCartney put together, and Clapton was in the familiar position of waiting while she tried on clothes.
                    This song is a fixture at proms and weddings.
                      A little bit of multitracking on the PSR-3000, Clapton's signature guitar intro on track 2, and using a custom style that I've included.
                       I hope you like this classic love song from the 70's.

                        Ian

                  • Cherie
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 21, 2006
                      PSR Circle Song Review

                      Ian,

                      I loved this song really sounded outstanding as all of your songs do.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

                      Cherie

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 21, 2006
                        > Ian Mac Neill<
                        > Wonderful Tonight. Eric Clapton wrote this in 1976 while waiting for his
                        > girlfriend (and future wife) Patti to get ready for a night out.
                        >
                        > They were going to a Buddy Holly tribute that Paul McCartney put
                        > together, and Clapton was in the familiar position of waiting while she
                        > tried on clothes.
                        >
                        > This song is a fixture at proms and weddings.
                        >
                        > A little bit of multitracking on the PSR-3000, Clapton's signature
                        > guitar intro on track 2, and using a custom style that I've included.
                        >
                        > I hope you like this classic love song from the 70's.
                        >

                        > Ian

                      • Michael MacDonald
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 21, 2006
                          Ian -- I meant to write the other day to say how much I enjoyed this...

                          > Ian Mac Neill<
                          > Wonderful Tonight. Eric Clapton wrote this in 1976 while waiting for his
                          > girlfriend (and future wife) Patti to get ready for a night out.
                          >
                          > They were going to a Buddy Holly tribute that Paul McCartney put
                          > together, and Clapton was in the familiar position of waiting while she
                          > tried on clothes.
                          >
                          > This song is a fixture at proms and weddings.
                          >
                          > A little bit of multitracking on the PSR-3000, Clapton's signature
                          > guitar intro on track 2, and using a custom style that I've included.
                          >
                          > I hope you like this classic love song from the 70's.
                          >

                          > Ian

                        • Ian Mac Neill
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 22, 2006
                            Thank you kindly, Cherie.

                             Ian
                            I loved this song really sounded outstanding as all of your songs do.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

                            Cherie

                            Wonderful Tonight. Eric Clapton wrote this in 1976 while waiting for his girlfriend (and future wife) Patti to get ready for a night out.

                             They were going to a Buddy Holly tribute that Paul McCartney put together, and Clapton was in the familiar position of waiting while she tried on clothes.

                            This song is a fixture at proms and weddings.

                              A little bit of multitracking on the PSR-3000, Clapton's signature guitar intro on track 2, and using a custom style that I've included.

                               I hope you like this classic love song from the 70's.

                                Ian

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.