Out All Night and Lost My Shoes by Terry Galloway (sponsored by the Yahoo! Accessibility Lab)

  • Victor Tsaran
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2010
      Hello all,
      If you are in San Jose area, you may want to attend this event.
      (the original announcement quoted below).

      Out All Night and Lost My Shoes
      Bluntly Comic

      Written and Performed by
      Terry Galloway, http://www.meanlittledeafqueer.com.
      March 10, 2010 at 7 PM PST

      ONE NIGHT ONLY. Free and open to the public.
      Sponsored by The Accessibility Lab at Yahoo!, Inc.

      Performance Collective and the Department of Communication Studies are proud to present performance artist, memoirist, and activist Terry Galloway. Not quite blind as a bat but definitely deaf as a doornail, Terry Galloway is a modern medical accident who makes wild sport of her own disabilities in defense of the defenseless. Side-splitting funny and shocking, she’s brimful of ideas for shaking an audience out of its gosh-aren’t-we-enlightened complacency and onto that uncomfortable narrow ledge where they’re not sure whether they should be laughing or crying. One hour of pure, energetic theater that's "just a little scary, like eating snails or doing oral sex for the first time."

      “…Galloway is a performer of bone-rattling force, mind-bending insight.”

      – Austin American-Statesman
      “[She] alternate[s] between addressing the audience as if talking to a friend, and turning away from the spectators, indulging instead in private reveries and poetic passages. The combination is completely satisfying and sometimes shocking.”

      – San Diego Tribune
      “…an adroit mix of dark humor, confession.”

      – San Francisco Examiner
      Out All Night and Lost My Shoes has been called "one of the foundational texts in the history of disability performance."

      For more information on Terry Galloway, visit her website at http://www.meanlittledeafqueer.com.