Re: New to XX copy

  • Garry Deane
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
      <aboveaveragedave@y...> wrote:
      >> Hey folks;
      >> Just joined a company using XXCopy, and its kinda landed in my
      >> lap, so I have a coupla stupid questions:
      >> Is there a way I can get the date/time XXcopy was completed,
      >> written to the log?
      >

      > It's automatically in the log on the first line of text.
      >
      > John

      This is not strictly true. The date/time xxcopy writes to the
      log is when it started. If the distinction matters, you can
      add the elapsed time written in the summary to the start time
      or you can just look at the timestamp of the log itself to
      see when it was closed after completion. Alternately, if you
      are running xxcopy in a batch file, you can append the time
      it finished in batch e.g. assuming W2k or higher:

      xxcopy ... /oa:xxcopy.log
      echo Xxcopy completed at %date% %time% >> xxcopy.log

      Garry